Can I reclaim VAT on car parking charges without a VAT invoice?
Yes, you can if your VAT on car parking is under £25, apart from on-street meter parking which is outside the scope of VAT. In addition, no VAT invoice is required to reclaim VAT on single transactions under £25 for any of the following…
- Phone calls from public or private telephones.
- Purchases from coin operated machines.
- Road tolls.
When Can I Reclaim VAT on Parking?
Parking VAT can be reclaimed when:
- You park your business vehicle in a car park.
- You park your customer’s vehicle in a car park.
- You park your vehicle to attend a business meeting.
- You park an employee’s car for business travel.