What is Self Employment? How can London Accountant help?

Self Employment is the simplest way to start a business; it doesn’t involve any registration fees. If you start working for yourself, you’re classed as a sole trader. This means you’re self-employed – even if you haven’t yet told HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). The only drawback is that you are personally liable for any debts that your business runs up, these make risky options for businesses that require a lot of investment. You can be both employed and self-employed at the same time, for example, if you work for an employer during the day and run your own business in the evenings or over the weekend.



As a Self Employment, you would need to complete a Self Assessment tax return. We can complete and file your return online or fill in a paper form. You would probably need to pay any Income Tax you owe for a tax year in two installments i.e. January and July plus a final ‘balancing payment’. If you are working under the construction industry scheme (C.I.S), we can help you to file your personal tax return. At the end of the tax year ( usually 5th April ), HM Revenue & Customs will send you a notice to file the tax return or if we are acting an accountant for you, we will send you a reminder to file your personal tax return.



We have designed Packages according to the turnover of your business and the work involved. Please select one of the options on the left-hand side to see the fixed fee structure.



Being self-employed, you have certain responsibilities. Please click here to read.



We try to make things transparent for our clients by providing maximum information. If you are looking for Accountants For Self Employed, please feel free to contact us on 0800 6441 258 or email us on Click here for a Quick Quote


Powered by BetterDocs

Feeling Lost with Finances?
We're Here to Help!

Tax filings
0 +
Accounts filings
0 +

Request A Callback

Call Now