Can I Claim Capital Allowances on the Cost of Acquiring New Boats?

I own a number of house-boats which are permanently moored and are let as holiday accommodation. Can I claim capital allowances on the cost of acquiring similar new boats?


The Taxman will normally only give capital allowances for boats or caravans if they are regularly moved and do not occupy a fixed site, although there are exceptions for caravans on registered sites. As the house-boats are in a permanent location the Taxman will view them as buildings, which do not qualify for capital allowances, although some of the fixtures and fittings for the boats may qualify.

Powered by BetterDocs

Request A Callback

Call Now