Are you such an individual who works as a limited company director or aims to run a small business? This seems to be impossible that you can avail yourself of sick leave, however, there is no possibility of being a human that you can always avoid. To make a difference, you must be aware of your rights as a self-employed worker. You are definitely entitled to support according to law when such a situation happens. In such a stressful situation, awareness about the Sick pay for limited company directors will help you.
Furthermore, if you spare some time to plan for such unfavourable scenarios, this will bring ease in the longer run. We have covered the basic awareness for you here in this article. The details and explanation include the introduction to statutory sick pay and its eligibility criteria for limited company directors.
What is Statutory Sick Pay?
During the poor breakdown, the first solution that comes to your mind will be statutory sick pay. We can name it SSP. It works as financial support as well. However, it is not possible for every individual to be entitled to get statutory sick pay. The weekly rate that is set from the 6th of April in the year 2022 is £99.35 and this will remain the same until the 5th of April 2023.
Get in touch with one of our experts to get to know more about statutory sick pay. we will love to hear you out and provide possible answers to your queries.
An Explanation of Eligibility Criteria of Statutory Sick Pays for Limited Company Directors!
Only a limited number of company directors can reach up to the standards of eligibility criteria of statutory sick pay. The situation is easy and better for the self-employed workers. In order to qualify the eligibility criteria for the support as a limited company director, you need to meet a few limitations. The following points are to be considered seriously before you aim to apply for the support of SSP:
- If you work as a director of a limited company and have been sick for 4 days non-stop, you are eligible to get the support.
- First, three days of sickness are taken as the waiting days.
- The statutory sick pay can be claimed from the 4th day and waiting days are not included in the details attached to the documents.
- It is possible to get paid for the first three waiting days only if you are being paid within the time duration of eight weeks.
- Please ensure that the sick days you claim to get paid are not attached to any paternity, maternity, or adoption pay.
- The rules may vary if the sickness involves self-isolation like the duration of covid-19. It has totally different criteria to get support.
- In such an exceptional case, you have to go into self-isolation for 4 days. This makes you set for the eligibility criteria for SSP. All the days you have spent in the isolation will be paid with sick pay.
Are you stuck with the eligibility measures of your statutory sick pay? Why don’t you get in touch with our young and clever team members to get instant help?
The Bottom Line
Finally, when you are able to gather a fair piece of information about Sick pay for limited company directors, we can bring the discussion towards wrapping up. We can sum up by saying that you can enjoy the benefits of statutory sick pay if you set up to meet the eligibility criteria and consider the related facts seriously. We hope these few minutes of reading will help you to get the benefits of SSP as a limited company director and be well aware of the eligibility criteria.
Disclaimer: The information about Sick pay for limited company directors provided in this article is general in nature. It does not intend to disregard any of the professional words.