Company House Penalties

How to Pay Company House Penalties?

How to pay company house penalties? 

You can pay companies house penalties by cheque, bank transfer (known as BACS), or by credit/debit card.


Paying by Cheque:


You should make it payable to companies house late filing penalties, with your company name and number on the reverse of the cheque. This should be returned to us with the remittance slip.  Please send it to Companies House, PO Box 710, Crown Way, Cardiff CF14 3UZ.


Credit/Debit Card


You can pay the company house payment using your credit/debit card by telephoning the Contact Centre on 0303 1234500.


Paying by BACS (Bank Transfer):


Paying by BACS 


SORT CODE: 60-70-80


For overseas payments: 


IBAN: GB79NWBK60708010031154


Please use your company number as the reference, so companies house are able to allocate the payment.


Penalties for late filing


You’ll have to pay companies house late filing penalties if you don’t file your accounts with Companies House by the deadline.

Time after the deadline Penalty (for private limited companies)
Up to 1 month £150
1 to 3 months £375
3 to 6 months £750
More than 6 months £1,500

Penalties for public limited companies are different. The penalty is doubled if your accounts are late 2 years in a row.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. To get in touch with companies house,  you can email them at [email protected] or call their customer services team on +44(0)303 1234 500

Alternatively please visit their website at

Tired of managing day-to-day finances! We’re here to help! Whether you’re an individual, startup, business, or a limited company, Accotax will sort out your financial woes as per your needs.

Please note, we have provided information for information purposes only, it is your responsibility to check if the above details are up to date/correct.

Request A Callback

Call Now