18 Mar What’s Local Restriction Support Grant?
How to apply for government grants is one topic most people are overly concerned about. COVID is here, and there’s a lot the government is offering in terms of support. There’s one goal everyone is primarily interested in: to make sure all businesses make out of this COVID situation without collapsing. So ‘how to apply for government grants‘ is one query most people need an answer to.
The economy is going through the worst, and if you’re a business owner, it would be a good idea to go through everything the government is offering to make sure you’re not facing the worst losses. Tier 4 support businesses are particularly requested to close because of temporary local restrictions. Here an answer to ‘how to apply for government grants‘:
- in an area of local Tier 2 or Tier 3 restrictions and has been required to close because of local restrictions that resulted in a first full day of closure on or after 9 September
- in an area of local Tier 4 restrictions and has been required to close because of local restrictions that resulted in a first full day of closure on or after 19 December
Make sure you’ve got all the necessary evidence to support the following statements
- You’ve got business in England.
- Your business occupies the property at which it pays the business rates.
- The total number of closed days need to be 14 due to the COVID restrictions.
- Your business ought to provide the right customer service to its customers.
If you’re a pub or restaurant owner, you’ll be glad to find out that this offer includes you. This might include pubs and restaurants that operate as in-person venue. All these restaurant owners have been forced to close down as a result of COVID, but the option to take-away is still there. If you own a non-domestic property as a business owner, you can get a grant within the restriction area.
Here’s a deadline for some schemes you must note:
Here are some deadlines included in the National Lockdown LRSG (closed) addendum scheme:
- National Lockdown on 5th November 2020. The last date to apply for this one is 31st March 2021.
- National lockdown on 4th January 2021. The first payment cycle for this one extends from 5th January to 15th February. The last date to apply for this one is 31st March 2021.
- National lockdown on 4th January 2021. The second payment cycle starts on 16 February and ends on 31st March. The end date for this one is 31st May 2021.
Looking for more details on how to apply for government grants? How about getting more information here.